Medium Adhesion

Sunday, September 02, 2007

who designed that thing?!?


busy day of work here. We checked into our new Apartment-hotel. We were told it was a 4 bedroom apartment, and a 2 bedroom apartment. Not true. It's actually a 1 room apartment with 4 beds, and a 1 room apartment with 2 beds. That's not gonna work. Seriously. No, really, seriously, since we came to France last September, this has happened with almost EVERY single place we've stayed. That's 8 or 9 times. How hard it this? WTF???? I guess we move again tomorrow.

Anyway, I did get to run down to the Champs Elysees today. Got on 1 subway line at Charles De Gaulle (Chuck-D) stop. Jumped off at the Franklin D. Roosevelt stop (The Frank). Walked up the stairs, and here's what I saw.

You look at all the other building on the C-E, they're so beautiful and classic and they make sense. You look at this building and you think who designed this thing?!?! It just doesn't fit.

Oh, sorry, there was a big ugly machine sitting in front of the building when I took this photo today. Wonder who designed that thing?!?!

back to work, more adventures for sure tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glued to this story, and I guess others are too.
Saturday Phyllis and I went down to Alterra, Alan's Group was there, and Frank the engineer says to moi, "So what's the latest with Bill and the Paris machine?" So, now all the group wants in on your blog.
Will it be installed or will the architect win? Will the new president pay for your exorbitant Paris stay????
Mom

10:21 AM  
Blogger WRM The Third said...

Dude you're SO world wide!

So I headed to Uptown Thursday and found this excellent club (http://www.timesbarandcafe.com) with Salsa dancing upstairs and blues downstairs ... met some hotties. Why didn't you tell me that there were so many cuties!
Here's one, but I can't remember her name.... like so many mid-west gals I've met, she talked so much it all became a steady droning white noise.
;)
Just kidding she was a sweet gal and absolute eye candy
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1398/1315747921_403346bdf2_m.jpg

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home